Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The term practice can have a number of subtly different meanings in psychology
As Reber and Reber point out they identified 21 seperate definitions of the term that they felt were reflected in the psychological literature. They noted four main definitions:
- The repetition of an act or series of acts
- The repetition as above in order to improve performance or functioning. We call this practice (learning strategy).
These meanings are distinguished because of theoretical discussions of the relationship between learning and performance.
- Any habitually performed ritualized behavior
- Any behavior that is customary or traditional, particulaly within a particular culture.
- To carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions;[private practice]]
Types of practiceEdit
See also Edit
- Learning strategies
- Practice effects
- Practice material
- Practice period
- Practice theory of play
- Practice trials
- Procedural knowledge
- Test coaching
- ↑ *Reber, A.S & Reber, E.S. (2001). Dictionary of Psychology. London. Penguin.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|