Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Post-Vasectomy Pain SyndromeEdit
Post-Vasectomy Pain Syndrome (PVPS), genital pain of varying intensity that may last for a lifetime following vasectomy, is estimated to appear in between 5% and 35% of vasectomized men, depending on the severity of pain that qualifies for the particular study The pain can be orchialgia, pain with intercourse, ejaculation, or physical exertion, or tender epididymides. In one study, vasectomy reversal was found to be effective for 9 out of 13 patients in reducing the symptoms of chronic post-vasectomy pain. Treatment options for the 4 patients whose pain did not respond to vasectomy reversal were limited. The limited size of the study makes it difficult to draw solid conclusions. In severe cases castration has been resorted to.
- ↑ Ahmed I, Rasheed S, White C, Shaikh N. "The incidence of post-vasectomy chronic testicular pain and the role of nerve stripping (denervation) of the spermatic cord in its management." British Journal of Urology. 1997; 79:269-270. PMID 9052481
- ↑ Choe J, Kirkemo A. "Questionnaire-based outcomes study of nononcological post-vasectomy complications." The Journal of Urology. 1996; 155:1284-1286. PMID 8632554
- ↑ McMahon A, Buckley J, Taylor A, Lloyd S, Deane R, Kirk D. "Chronic testicular pain following vasectomy." British Journal of Urology. 1992;69:188-191. PMID 1537032
- ↑ Leslie TA, Illing RO, Cranston DW, Guillebaud J. "The incidence of chronic scrotal pain after vasectomy: a prospective audit." BJU International. 2007. PMID 17850378
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ JK Nangia, JL Myles and AJ JR Thomas (December 2000). Vasectomy reversal for the post-vasectomy pain syndrome: a clinical and histological evaluation. Journal of Urology 164 (6): 1939–1942.
- ↑ Granitsiotis P, Kirk D. "Chronic testicular pain: an overview." European Urology. 2005;47(5)720. PMID 15041105
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|