Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
Poly drug use refers to the use two or more psychoactive drugs in combination to achieve a particular effect. In many cases, this makes the experience far more dangerous than taking the substances alone.
There are many popular drug combinations, including, but not limited to:
- cannabis and alcohol (getting "crunk"),
- nitrous oxide, followed by cannabis (known as a "ramsmacker")
- cocaine and caffeine,
- cocaine and heroin (known as a "speedball"),
- DMT and nitrous oxide (known as a "moonride"),
- LSD and ecstasy (known as "candy flipping" or "trolling", a combination of "tripping" and "rolling"),
- LSD and mushrooms (known as "tripping balls"),
- mushrooms and ecstasy (known as "flower flipping" or "hippie flipping" or "MX Missile"),
- benzodiazepines and opioids / opiates,
- benzodiazepines and alcohol,
- cocaine and alcohol (which creates a third, more toxic chemical in the body called Cocaethylene),
- cocaine and cannabis (known as "primo" or "preemo"),
- heroin and cannabis
- ecstasy and ketamine (known as "kitty flipping"),
- ecstasy and phencyclidine (known as "elephant flipping"),
- ecstasy and 2C-B (known as "nexus flipping"),
- ecstasy and mescaline (known as "love flipping" or "cactus flipping"),
- ecstasy and GHB(known as "Gamma flipping"
- ecstasy and methylcyclohexanol (known as "Vicks rush")
- Percocet and Pop Rocks (also known as "Tickling the Devil's Taint (Perineum)."
- dextromethorphan and marijuana
- dextromethorphan and LSD (known as "LSDXM")
- diphenhydramine and cocaine (known as "speed dreaming").
- Red Bull and Nodoz (also known as a "bulldozer").
- Cocaine followed by Marijuana (also known as a "rollercoaster")
- Ecstacy and cannabis
- Heroin and Tylenol PM, known as Cheese
While many recreational drug users use multiple drugs to increase intoxication for pleasurable effects, poly drug use can pertain to an increase in spiritual entheogenic properties, for example 2C-I and LSD or morning glory seeds and San Pedro cactus.
Poly drug use often carries with it more risk than use of a single drug, due to an increase in side effects, and unique pharmacological interactions.
The phenomenon is the subject of established academic literature (e.g., Scholey AB, Parrott AC, Buchanan T, Heffernan TM, Ling J, Rodgers J (2004). "Increased intensity of Ecstasy and polydrug use in the more experienced Ecstasy/MDMA users: a WWW study." Addictive Behaviors, 29, 743-752).
- Recreational drug use
- Responsible drug use
- Illicit drugs
- Arguments for and against drug prohibition
- Club drug
- Drug paraphernalia
- Hard and soft drugs
- Drug injection
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|