Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Developmental Psychology: Cognitive development · Development of the self · Emotional development · Language development · Moral development · Perceptual development · Personality development · Psychosocial development · Social development · Developmental measures
Studies of the development of the Big Five personality traits....
1. Conscientiousness: organized> disorganized, careful> careless, disciplined> impulsive
2. agreeableness: soft-hearted> ruthless, trusting> suspicious, helpful> uncooperative
3. neuroticism: calm> anxious, secure> insecure, self-satisfied> self-pitying
4. openness: imaginative> practical, preference for variety> preference for routine, indep> conforming
5. extraversion: sociable> retiring, fun-loving> sober, affectionate> reserved
- Halverson, Ch.F. , Kohnstamm, G.A. & Martin, R.P. (Eds.) (1994), The Developing Structure of Temperament and Personality from Infancy to Adulthood. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Ass.
- Kohnstamm, G.A., Halverson, Ch. F., Mervielde, I. & Havill, V.L., (Eds.) (1998) Parental Descriptions of Child Personality: Developmental Antecedents of the Big Five?. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Ass.
- Soldz, S., & Vaillant, G. E. (1999). The Big Five personality traits and the life course: A 45-year longitudinal study. Journal of Research in Personality, 33, 208-232.