Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Developmental Psychology: Cognitive development · Development of the self · Emotional development · Language development · Moral development · Perceptual development · Personality development · Psychosocial development · Social development · Developmental measures
Studies of the development of the Big Five personality traits....
1. Conscientiousness: organized> disorganized, careful> careless, disciplined> impulsive
2. agreeableness: soft-hearted> ruthless, trusting> suspicious, helpful> uncooperative
3. neuroticism: calm> anxious, secure> insecure, self-satisfied> self-pitying
4. openness: imaginative> practical, preference for variety> preference for routine, indep> conforming
5. extraversion: sociable> retiring, fun-loving> sober, affectionate> reserved
- Halverson, Ch.F. , Kohnstamm, G.A. & Martin, R.P. (Eds.) (1994), The Developing Structure of Temperament and Personality from Infancy to Adulthood. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Ass.
- Kohnstamm, G.A., Halverson, Ch. F., Mervielde, I. & Havill, V.L., (Eds.) (1998) Parental Descriptions of Child Personality: Developmental Antecedents of the Big Five?. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Ass.
- Soldz, S., & Vaillant, G. E. (1999). The Big Five personality traits and the life course: A 45-year longitudinal study. Journal of Research in Personality, 33, 208-232.