Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Pearson’s U.S. Assessments & Testing Group was renamed the Assessment & Information group in 2007. As of July 2011, the Assessment & Information group was organized around eight businesses:
- National Services: Serving the U.S. federal government and national non-profit organizations involved in educational assessment and education reform (cf. National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- State Services: Serving state education agencies in the fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico with outsourced K–12 educational assessment and data management services
- Educational Assessment: Serving U.S. K–12 parents, educators, teachers and students with educational assessment and data management services for schools and local education agencies (cf. Stanford Achievement Test Series)
- Evaluation Systems: Serving teacher preparation and credentialing agencies with licensing examinations and related services. Pearson entered the teacher certification licensure testing market in 2006 with the acquisition of National Evaluation Systems.
- Clinical Assessment: Serving the global market for psychological, speech and language, and special needs assessments, for early childhood, for Response to Intervention, for talent assessment, in educational, clinical, government and corporate markets under the PsychCorp brand (formerly known as The Psychological Corporation)
- School Systems: Student information systems and data analysis solutions that impact school and district performance
- Edustructures: Enterprise solutions for managing and synchronizing education data systems with solutions based on the standard for interoperability in education, the Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF). Acquired by Pearson in 2007.
- Knowledge Technologies: Innovative technologies for automatically evaluating oral and written languages (cf. Latent semantic analysis). Acquired by Pearson in 2004.
In 2006, Pearson acquired PowerSchool and Chancery SMS. Both are web-based student information systems for K-12 schools. These two products, along with state reporting systems, legacy products like SASI, and others, make up School Systems, a part of Pearson's Assessment & Information group.
ChancerySMS was acquired a month later, with the deal closing in May 2006.
Harcourt Assessment acquisition Edit
Pearson announced the acquisition of Harcourt Assessment in May 2007. The Harcourt Assessment business was merged into the Assessment & Information group in January 2008 after a review by the U.S. Department of Justice was completed.
Doug Kubach Group President & CEO, Assessment & Information (Nov. 2003–present)
KJ Singh Senior Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, Software and Technology Services
Robin Brophy Vice President, Marketing Services
Mike Carlson Senior Vice President, Education Technology Services
Steve Curtis President, Data Solutions
M. (Margaret) Darlene Feldick Vice President, Human Resources
Paul D. Fletcher President, School Systems
William P. Gorth President, Evaluation Systems
Jim Hummer Senior Vice President, Organizational Quality
Darice Keating President, State Services
Kathleen A. Minette Senior Vice President, Operations and Scoring
Shilpi Niyogi Executive Vice President of Strategy and Business Development, National Services
Aurelio Prifitera President & CEO, Clinical Assessment/Worldwide
Lynn Streeter President, Knowledge Technologies
Bhadresh A. Sutaria Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Jon S. Twing Executive Vice President, Test, Measurement & Research Services
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Our History. Assessment & Information group of Pearson. URL accessed on July 16, 2011.
- ↑ Pearson enters teacher certification market by acquiring National Evaluation Systems. Pearson. URL accessed on July 16, 2011.
- ↑ includeonly>"Apple to Buy PowerSchool", Wired, March 14, 2001. Retrieved on July 16, 2011.
- ↑ Apple sells PowerSchool to Pearson. Macworld. URL accessed on July 16, 2011.
- ↑ Pearson to acquire Chancery Software Ltd. Pearson. URL accessed on July 16, 2011.
- ↑ Pearson acquires Harcourt Assessment and Harcourt Education International from Reed Elsevier. Pearson. URL accessed on July 16, 2011.
- ↑ Pearson Completes Acquisition of Harcourt Assessment. Assessment & Information group of Pearson. URL accessed on July 16, 2011.
- ↑ Leadership. Assessment & Information group of Pearson. URL accessed on July 16, 2011.
- Pearson Assessment & Information group (official site)