Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Developmental Psychology: Cognitive development · Development of the self · Emotional development · Language development · Moral development · Perceptual development · Personality development · Psychosocial development · Social development · Developmental measures
Patrick Rabbit is a British psychologist working in the area of cognitive gerontology. He worked at the Medical Research Council Applied Research Unit, Cambridge (1961-1968); The Department of Experimental Psychology and The Queen's College, University of Oxford, (1968 TO 1982) was Head of Department odf Psychology, University of Durham, (1982-1983) and was Research Professor and Director of the Age and Cognitive Performance Research Centre, University of Manchester (1983-2004) Emeritus 2004., Member of the European Academy 2013.
- Backman,L. & Rabbit, Patrick (1990) Cognitive Gerontology. ISBN 9780863771576
- Rabbitt,R (1997) (ed). Methodology of frontal and executive function Hove UK: Psychology Press
- Rabbitt, Patrick (2005). Cognitive Gerontology. ISBN 9781841699813, ISBN-10 1841699810
- Rabbitt, Patrick, (2008). Inside Psychology. Oxford University Press.
- Rabbitt, Patrick (2008). Psychology of Ageing. Routledge. ISBN 9780415429894, ISBN-10 0415429897
- Rabbitt, P. (2005e) Cognitive changes across the lifespan in The Cambridge Handbook of Age and Ageing, M.L. Johnson, V.L. Bengson et al eds. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.
- Rabbitt, P. & Anderson, M. (2006) The Lacunae of loss and differentiation of cognitive abilities in old age. In Craik and Bialostok, (eds) Lifespan Cognition.
Total to date 353 :since 2000Edit
- Rabbitt,P Lowe,C Shilling,V. Frontal tests and models for cognitive ageing. 2001, EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY vol.13.
- Rabbitt,P Watson,P Donlan,C Mc Innes,L Horan,M Pendleton,N Clague,J. Effects of death within 11 years on cognitive performance in old age. 2002, PSYCHOLOGY AND AGING vol.17.
- Rabbitt, P., Diggle, P. Holland, F. et al (2004a) Practice and Dropout effects during a 17 year study of cognitive ageing. Journals of Gerontology, Section B., 59, 84-97.
- Rabbitt, P., Diggle,P. Holland, F. et al (2004b) The University of Manchester longitudinal study of cognition in normal healthy old age. Aging, Neuropsychology and Cognition., 11, 245-279.
- Rabbitt, P., Lunn M., & Wong, D., (2005a). Neglect of dropout underestimates effects of death in longitudinal studies. Journals of Gerontology, Section B, 60, 106-109.
- Rabbitt, P., Lunn, M. & Wong, D. (2005b) Practice, age and ability in longitudinal studies of cognition. Journals of Gerontology, Section B. 61, 113-127.
- Rabbitt, P., Lunn, M. & Wong, D. (2005c) Death, dropout and cognitive change in old age. Journals of Gerontology, Section B. 61, 212-223.
- Rabbitt, P. (2005d) Frontal changes and Cognitive Performance in Old Age; Cortex, 41, 238-40.
- Rabbitt, Lunn & Wong, (2006) Understanding terminal decline in Cognition and risk of death; Methodological and theoretical Implications of Practice and Dropout effects. European Psychologist, 3, 164-171.
- Rabbitt, P., Scott, M. Thacker, N. et al (2006) Losses in Gross Brain Volume and Cerebral Blood Flow Account for Age-Related Differences in Speed but Not in Fluid Intelligence Neuropsychology, 20, 549-557.
- Rabbitt, P. Scott, M. Thacker, N. et al (2006). Balance marks cognitive changes in old age because it reflects global brain atrophy and cerebro-arterial blood-flow Neuropsychologia, 44, 1978-1983
- Rabbitt, P. Scott,M.,Lunn, M. et al (2007).White Matter Lesions account for all age related declines in speed but not in intelligence. Neuropsychology 21, 363-370.
- Rabbitt, P., Mogapi, O., Scott, M. et al (2007). Effects of Global Atrophy, White Matter Lesions, and Cerebral Blood Flow on Age-Related Changes in Speed, Memory, Intelligence, Vocabulary, and Frontal Function Neuropsychology, 21, 684 95.
- Rabbitt, P. Ibrahim, S., Lunn, M. (2008). Age-Associated Losses of Brain Volume Predict Longitudinal Cognitive Declines Over 8 to 20 Years. Neuropsychology,22.3-9.
- Rabbitt, P. Lunn, M. Ibrahim, Cobain M and McInnes, M. (2008).Unhappiness, Health and Cognitive Ability in old age. Psychological Medicine, 38, 229-236.
- Rabbitt, P., Lunn, M. & Wong, D. (2008). Death, Dropout and longitudinal measurements of cognitive change in old age. Journals of Gerontology, Section B. 63, 271-278.
- Rabbitt, P., Lunn. M. Wong, D, Cobain, M. (2008) Age and Ability Affect Practice Gains in Longitudinal Studies of Cognitive Change The Journals of Gerontology, Section B. 63, 235-240.
- Rabbitt, P, Lunn M. & Yardegafar, G. (2011). Effects of terminal pathologies on rates of cognitive changes in old age. Journal of Gerontology, B (August 2011).
- Rabbitt, P. (2011). Between-Individual Variability and Interpretation of Associations Between Neurophysiological and Behavioral Measures in Aging Populations:Comment on Salthouse (2011).Psychological Bulletin, August 2011.
- Ram,N Rabbitt,P Stollery,B Nesselroade,JR. Cognitive performance inconsistency: Intraindividual change and variability. 2005, PSYCHOLOGY AND AGING vol.20.
- Payton,A Gibbons,L Davidson,Y Ollier,W Rabbitt,P Worthington,J Pickles,A Pendleton,N Horan,M. Influence of serotonin transporter gene polymorphisms on cognitive decline and cognitive abilities in a nondemented elderly population. 2005, MOLECULAR PSYCHIATRY vol.10.
- Miyajima,F Ollier,W Mayes,A Jackson,A Thacker,N Rabbitt,P Pendleton,N Horan,M Payton,A. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor polymorphism Val66Met influences cognitive abilities in the elderly. 2008, GENES BRAIN AND BEHAVIOR vol.7.
- Lind,PA Luciano,M Horan,MA Marioni,RE Wright,MJ Bates,TC Rabbitt,P Harris,SE Davidson,Y Deary,IJ Gibbons,L Pickles,A Ollier,W Pendleton,N Price,JF Payton,A Martin,NG. No Association Between Cholinergic Muscarinic Receptor 2 (CHRM2) Genetic Variation and Cognitive Abilities in Three Independent Samples. 2009, BEHAVIOR GENETICS vol.39. </span></p>