Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
A patient-reported outcome or PRO is a questionnaire specifically used in clinical trial research. A PRO can be used to register the Quality Of Life (QOL) of a clinical trial participant during a clinical trial.
In general a PRO consists of a physical component and a mental component. The physical component measures items such as general health, physical function, and bodily pain. The mental component in general deals with items such as mental health, emotional role, social functioning and vitality.
Generic PRO tools are the SF-36 Health Survey (SF-36® Health Survey), SF-12 Health Survey (SF-12® Health Survey), Duke Health Profile (DUKE), and BASIS-32, to name a few.
Condition specific tools are the Adult Asthma Quality of Life Questionnaire (AQLQ), Migraine Specific Quality of Life (MSQOL) and the Seattle Angina Questionnaire (SAQ), to name a few.
See also Edit
- Patient Diary
- Clinical trial
- Clinical trial protocol
- Clinical data acquisition
- Case Report Form
- Data clarification form
- Electronic Data Capture
- Clinical research associate (CRA)
- Drug development
- Debbie Kennedy, CRF Designer, Canary Publications, ISBN 0-9531174-7-2
- Wiklund I., Assessment of patient-reported outcomes in clinical trials: the example of health-related quality of life, Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2004 Jun;18(3):351-63.
- Willke RJ, Burke LB, Erickson P., Measuring treatment impact: a review of patient-reported outcomes and other efficacy endpoints in approved product labels, Control Clin Trials. 2004 Dec;25(6):535-52.
- Patient Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System
- Medical Outcomes Trust
- ProQolid (Patient-Reported Outcome & Quality of Life Instruments Database)
- Mapi Research Trust ("Non-profit organization advancing the art & the use of scientific approaches to Patient-Reported Outcome (PRO) measures")
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|