Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Parenting skills are skills that parents need in order to fulfil their dutuies as parents.
There is general consensus around parents providing the basic necessities, with increasing interest in children's rights within the home environment.
Providing physical securityEdit
Providing physical security refers to a safety of a child's body, safety of a child's life.
- To provide physical safety: shelter, clothes, nourishment
- To protect a child from dangers; physical care
- To care for a child's health
Providing physical developmentEdit
- To provide a child with the means to develop physically
- To train the body of a child, to introduce to sport
- To develop habits of health
- Physical games
Providing intellectual securityEdit
Intellectual security refers to the conditions, in which a child's mind can develop. If the child's dignity is safe, that is nobody encroaches upon a child physically or verbally, then he is able to learn.
- To provide an atmosphere of peace and justice in family, where no one's dignity is encroached upon.
- To provide "no-fear," "no-threat, "no-verbal abuse" environment
- To spend bonding times and share wonderful moments with children
Providing intellectual developmentEdit
- Reading, writing, calculating etc.
- Intellectual games
- Social skills and etiquette
- Moral and spiritual development.
Providing emotional securityEdit
To provide security to a child is to help protect and shield the child's fragile psyche. It is to provide a safe loving environment, give a child a sense of being loved, being needed, welcomed.
- To give a child a sense of being loved through:
Providing emotional developmentEdit
Emotional development refers to giving a child an opportunity to love other people, to care, to help.
- Developing in a child an ability to love through:
Definition of parenting skillsEdit
In order to be able to achieve these goals parents need the folowing skills
Parenting skills assessmentEdit
Parent education programmsEdit
- Main article: Parent education program