Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
A parent education program is a course that can be followed to correct and improve a person's parenting skills. Such courses may be general, covering the most common issues parents may encounter, or specific, for infants, toddlers, children and teenagers. These courses may also be geared towards parents who are considering having a child, or adopting one, or are pregnant.
There are a number of established approaches which include:
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parent Effectiveness Training
- Starke Eltern
- Systematic Training for Effective Parenting(STEP)
- Parent Management Training
- Triple P - Positive Parenting Program is based on behaviorism.
- Childrearing practices
- Human relations training
- Parent child relations
- Parent coach
- Parent school relationship
- Parental role
References & BibliographyEdit
- Schaefer,G.E. & Breismeister,J.M. (1998)(Eds.) Handbook of Parent Training (pp 98-152). New York; John Wiley.