Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
Parathyroid hormone receptor 2
|RNA expression pattern|| |
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the G-protein coupled receptor family 2. This protein is a receptor for parathyroid hormone (PTH). This receptor is more selective in ligand recognition and has a more specific tissue distribution compared to parathyroid hormone receptor 1 (PTHR1). It is activated only by PTH and not by parathyroid hormone-like hormone (PTHLH) and is particularly abundant in brain and pancreas.
- Usdin TB, Gruber C, Bonner TI (1995). Identification and functional expression of a receptor selectively recognizing parathyroid hormone, the PTH2 receptor.. J. Biol. Chem. 270 (26): 15455–8.
- Usdin TB, Modi W, Bonner TI (1997). Assignment of the human PTH2 receptor gene (PTHR2) to chromosome 2q33 by fluorescence in situ hybridization.. Genomics 37 (1): 140–1.
- Clark JA, Bonner TI, Kim AS, Usdin TB (1998). Multiple regions of ligand discrimination revealed by analysis of chimeric parathyroid hormone 2 (PTH2) and PTH/PTH-related peptide (PTHrP) receptors.. Mol. Endocrinol. 12 (2): 193–206.
- Hoare SR, Clark JA, Usdin TB (2000). Molecular determinants of tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) selectivity for the parathyroid hormone-2 (PTH2) receptor. N-terminal truncation of TIP39 reverses PTH2 receptor/PTH1 receptor binding selectivity.. J. Biol. Chem. 275 (35): 27274–83.
- John MR, Arai M, Rubin DA, et al. (2002). Identification and characterization of the murine and human gene encoding the tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues.. Endocrinology 143 (3): 1047–57.
- Strausberg RL, Feingold EA, Grouse LH, et al. (2003). Generation and initial analysis of more than 15,000 full-length human and mouse cDNA sequences.. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99 (26): 16899–903.
- Seeliger S, Hausberg M, Eue I, et al. (2003). The parathyroid hormone-2 receptor is expressed on human leukocytes and down-regulated in hyperparathyroidism.. Clin. Nephrol. 59 (6): 429–35.
- Bisello A, Manen D, Pierroz DD, et al. (2004). Agonist-specific regulation of parathyroid hormone (PTH) receptor type 2 activity: structural and functional analysis of PTH- and tuberoinfundibular peptide (TIP) 39-stimulated desensitization and internalization.. Mol. Endocrinol. 18 (6): 1486–98.
- Gerhard DS, Wagner L, Feingold EA, et al. (2004). The status, quality, and expansion of the NIH full-length cDNA project: the Mammalian Gene Collection (MGC).. Genome Res. 14 (10B): 2121–7.
- Mahon MJ, Shimada M (2005). Calmodulin interacts with the cytoplasmic tails of the parathyroid hormone 1 receptor and a sub-set of class b G-protein coupled receptors.. FEBS Lett. 579 (3): 803–7.
- Parathyroid Hormone Receptors: PTH2. IUPHAR Database of Receptors and Ion Channels. International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology.
- MeSH Receptor,+Parathyroid+Hormone,+Type+2
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|