Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
- Panic disorder: incidence
- Panic disorder: prevalence
- Panic disorder: morbidity
- Panic disorder: mortality
- Panic disorder: racial distribution
- Panic disorder: age distribution
- Panic disorder: sex distribution
Panic disorder is a serious health problem in the United States. It is estimated that 1.7 percent of the adult American population has panic disorder. It typically strikes in young adulthood; roughly half of all people who have panic disorder develop the condition before age 24, though some sources say that the majority of young people affected for the first time are between the ages of 25 to 30. Women are twice as likely as men to develop panic disorder. 
- Kessler, R.C., Chiu, W.T., Jin, R., Ruscio, A.M., Shear, K., Walters, E.E. (2006). The epidemiology of panic attacks, panic disorder, and agoraphobia in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Archives of General Psychiatry. 63(4), 415-424. PMID 16585471
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found