Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Otology is a branch of biomedicine which studies normal and pathological anatomy and physiology of the ear (hearing and vestibular sensory systems and related structures and functions) as well as its diseases, diagnosis and treatment.
Some of the concerns of otology include:
- Identifying the underlying mechanisms of Ménière's disease
- Finding the causes of tinnitus and developing treatment methods.
- Defining the development and progression of otitis media.
- Studying signal processing in the cochlear implant patient.
- Investigating postural control areas and vestibulo-ocular mechanisms
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|