Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
An organizational merger involves two organizations coming together and integrating their people and systems into one entity.
The process of combining two or more organizations into a single organization involves several organizational systems, such as people, resources and tasks  . The process of combining these systems is known as 'integration'.
Integration fits within an organizational life-cycle or specific business mergers & acquisitions cycle where businesses buy, integrate then dispose of other businesses:
- Definition of vision & strategy
- Selection of growth method: organic vs inorganic
- Target identification
- Pre-deal evaluation & due diligence
- Negotiation & deal completion
- Post-merger integration
- Ongoing improvement
Sources and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ Anthony F., Buono; Bowditch, James L. (1989). The human side of mergers and acquisitions: Managing collisions between people, cultures, and organizations, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers.
Astorino, D., (2009). "Five Roadblocks to Successful Acquisition Integration," Executive Insights, 24(2). 
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Business acquisition
- Management due diligence
- Management planning
- Organizational change
- Organizational development
- Organizational structure
- Program management
- Project management
- Change management
- BNET provides a short video featuring the Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid, presented by Steven Ramirez, M&A Integration Consultant at Beyond the Arc. http://www.bnet.com/2422-13722_23-186403.html
- Gilles Ourvoie, Managing Partner at PMI Factory, provides a number of articles and some tools related to Post Merger Integration. http://www.pmifactory.com
- Post Merger Integration Blog provides daily news, research and points of views about Post Merger Integration. http://www.postmergerintegration.eu
- Post Merger Integration resource and information. http://www.http://www.pwc.co.uk/eng/services/post_merger_integration.htmlde:Post Merger Integration