Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Oliver James is a clinical psychologist, writer and television documentary producer. After a 2.2 degree from Cambridge University and completing his training as a clinical psychologist he worked in the Cassel mental hospital.
Both noted and controversial, James is a critic of evolutionary perspectives on psychology, and of what he perceives to be the conventional psychiatric approach to schizophrenia. He has written on the subject of the problematic relationship between wealth and happiness, which is the subject of his most recent book, Affluenza - How to be Middle Class, Successful and Fulfilled.
Some critics have opposed James's willingness to discuss the mental health of celebrities and politicians..
- They F*** You Up: How to Survive Family Life (Bloomsbury, 2002; Marlowe & Company, 2006)
- Britain on the Couch - Why We're Unhappier Compared with 1950 Despite Being Richer (Arrow, 1998).
- Juvenile Violence in a Winner-Loser Culture, (Free Association Books, 1995)
Written by Oliver James?
- Bloomsbury author page
- Oliver James, The Guardian, June 30, 2005, "Face the facts: For many people climate change is too depressing to think about, and some prefer to simply pretend it doesn't exist"
- Oliver James, The Guardian, September 2, 2003, "So George, how do you feel about your mom and dad? Psychologist Oliver James analyses the behaviour of the American president"
- Oliver James, Resurgence, March/April 2003, "Moving the goalposts: Chasing that ephemeral and elusive state of 'happiness'"
- An interview with Oliver James from Liverpool's 'Nerve' magazine
- Henry Porter, February 15 2001 "What's Up Doc? Dr Oliver James is free to make outrageous comments on Peter Mandelson. But he should be gagged."
- Oliver James The Guardian "Think Again"
- Daniel Ben-Ami spiked (magazine), 26 February 2007 "Oliver James' new book: it could f*** you up"
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|