Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Nicholas Andrew Cummings (born July 25, 1924) is an American psychologist and author. Former president of the American Psychological Association (1979) and Chief of Mental Health with the Kaiser Permanente Health Maintenance Organization (1959-1979), he co-founded with his wife the Nicholas & Dorothy Cumming Foundations, Inc. in 1994. The Foundation is dedicated to ensuring routine healthcare includes doctoral psychotherapy. Cummings has authored or co-authored a number of books. He was born in Salinas, California.
Cummings first attended the University of California at Berkeley, receiving a bachelor's degree in psychology, before moving to Claremont Graduate University for his master's and Adelphi University for a doctorate in clinical psychology.
Nicholas Cummings has been married to Dorothy Mills Cummings for over 60 years. They have two children, Janet and Andy, and two grandchildren, Amy and Kent.
M. Brewster Smith
| APA President|
Florence L. Denmark
- (24 April 2008) Eleven Blunders That Cripple Psychotherapy in America: a Remedial Unblundering, CRC Press.
- (6 December 2002) Entrepreneur of Psychology: The Collected Papers of Nicholas A. Cummings, Zeig Tucker & Theisen Publishers.
- (3 March 2000) The Essence of Psychotherapy: Reinventing the Art in the New Era of Data, Elsevier.
- Cummings, Nicholas A. (September 2002). The Impact of Medical Cost Offset on Practice and Research: Making It Work for You, Context Press.
- Cummings, Nicholas A. (28 August 2001). Integrated Behavioral Healthcare: Positioning Mental Health Practice with Medical/Surgical Practice, Academic Press.
- (1 August 1995) Focused Psychotherapy: a Casebook of Brief, Intermittent Psychotherapy Throughout the Life Cycle, Psychology Press.
- (June 2000) The Value of Psychological Treatment: Collected Papers of Nicholas A. Cummings, Zeig Tucker & Theisen Publishers.
- (12 February 2008) Evidence-based Adjunctive Treatments, Academic Press.
- (2005) Destructive Trends in Mental Health: the Well-intentioned Path to Harm, Psychology Press.
- (September 2001) The Practice of Psychology: the Battle for Professionalism, Zeig Tucker & Theisen Publishers.
- ↑ Former APA President Dr. Nicholas Cummings Describes his Work with SSA Clients. National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality. URL accessed on 3 April 2011.
- ↑ The Nicholas & Dorothy Cummings Foundation. cummingsfoundation.org. URL accessed on 3 April 2011.
- ↑ 
- ↑ Biographical Sketches, Nicholas A. Cummings, Ph.D., Sc.D.. thecummingsfoundation.org. URL accessed on 3 April 2011.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|