Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
Neurotology or neuro-otology is a branch of clinical medicine which studies and treats neurological disorders of the ear. It is a subspecialty of otolaryngology, and is closely related to otology. Neurotology can also be seen as a subspecialty of neurology. Neurotologists are physicians who have specialised in otolaryngology, but who have further specialised into neurological conditions of the ear. In the US, this requires an additional two years of training.
Field of WorkEdit
Conditions treated by neurotologists include:
- Vestibular (balance) diseases
- Vestibular neuronitis
- Facial trauma
- Facial nerve paralysis or other conditions relating to the facial nerve
- Certain conditions relating to the skull base
Many of these conditions also relate to otology
- ↑ Information on Neurotology from the ENT Centre in Fort Wayne retrieved 25th October 2009
- ↑ Frequently Asked Questions about Board of Registration in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology retrieved 25th October 2009
- ↑ Neurotology research centre
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|