Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
Neurophysics is the branch of physics dealing with the nervous system. It covers a wide spectrum of phenomena from molecular and cellular mechanisms to techniques to measure and influence the brain and to theories of brain function. It can be viewed as an approach to neuroscience that is based on solid understanding of the fundamental laws of nature.
Physics of the brainEdit
The brain is made of atoms and it is the behavior of atoms and molecules that forms the basis of the functioning of the brain and our mind[How to reference and link to summary or text]. Neurophysics is the study of how the collection of atoms that forms the nervous system works and results in information processing such as pattern recognition, perception, memory, intentionality, and consciousness.
The theories of Furman and GalloEdit
In their book Neurophysics of Human Behavior, Mark Evan Furman and Fred P. Gallo developed a model of the Standard Theory of Pattern-Entropy Dynamics, an integrative approach to psychology. They argue that many of the patterns and principles found at the molecular level are reproduced as usable information of psychological significance at larger levels.
- Computational neuroscience
- Complex systems
- Neural networks
- Information theory
- Neural coding
- Wulfram Gerstner and Werner M. Kistler, Spiking Neuron Models, Single Neurons, Populations, Plasticity, Cambridge University Press (2002) ISBN 0521890799 ISBN 0521813840
- Alwyn Scott, Neuroscience: A Mathematical Primer, Birkhäuser (2002) ISBN 0387954031
- Institute of Theoretical Neurophysics, Bremen, Germany
- Neurophysics at the Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, University College London
- Laboratory of Neurophysics and Physiology, CNRS- Université René Descartes, Paris
- The Neurophysics Lab, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Neurophysics Research Program, Canada
- Neurophysics Division, Dawnesh Radiation Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
- Neurophysics Laboratory, University of Pittburgh Medical Center
- Neurophysics Group at the University of Pennsylvania
- Neurophysics Group at the Bernstein Center, Berlin