Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Food intake and eating behaviour are controlled, in part, through the hypothalamus
References & BibliographyEdit
- Anand, B.K. and Brobeck, J.R. (1951) Hypothalamic control of food intake in rats and cats, Yale Journal of Biological Medicine 24: 132-40.
- Arees, E.A. and Mayer, 3, (1967) Anatomical connections between medial and lateral regions of the hypothalamus concerned with food intake, Science 157: 1574-5.
- Miller, N.E., Bailey, C.J, and Stevenson, J.A.F. (1950) Decreased 'hunger' but increased food intake resulting from hypothalamic lesions, Science 112: 256-9.
- Spies, G. (1965) Food versus intracranial self-stimulation reinforcement in food-deprived rats, Journal of Comparative and Physiological Psychology 60: 153-7.
- Google Scholar
- Le Magnen, J. (1972) Regulation of food intake, Advances in Psychosomatic Medicine 7: 73-90.