Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Food intake and eating behaviour are controlled, in part, through the hypothalamus
References & BibliographyEdit
- Anand, B.K. and Brobeck, J.R. (1951) Hypothalamic control of food intake in rats and cats, Yale Journal of Biological Medicine 24: 132-40.
- Arees, E.A. and Mayer, 3, (1967) Anatomical connections between medial and lateral regions of the hypothalamus concerned with food intake, Science 157: 1574-5.
- Miller, N.E., Bailey, C.J, and Stevenson, J.A.F. (1950) Decreased 'hunger' but increased food intake resulting from hypothalamic lesions, Science 112: 256-9.
- Spies, G. (1965) Food versus intracranial self-stimulation reinforcement in food-deprived rats, Journal of Comparative and Physiological Psychology 60: 153-7.
- Google Scholar
- Le Magnen, J. (1972) Regulation of food intake, Advances in Psychosomatic Medicine 7: 73-90.