Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
A murder/suicide is an act in which an individual kills one or more other persons immediately before, or while killing himself or herself.
The combination of murder and suicide can take various forms, including:
- Domestic abuse, as the ultimate act of domination by the abuser who then commits suicide out of grief or to evade legal consequences
- Suicide to facilitate murder, as in suicide bombing
- Suicide after murder to escape punishment, e.g. Dunblane massacre
- Having a combined objective of suicide and murder
- Suicide after murder as a form of self-punishment due to guilt
- Considering one's suicide as the main act, but murdering e.g. one's children first, to avoid their becoming orphans, and/or to be together in an expected afterlife, e.g. Josef Goebbels
- Joint suicide in the form of killing the other with consent, and then killing oneself
- Some cases of cult suicide may also involve murder
- Suicide in a group setting that necessarily causes the death of others, such as an airplane or train bombing.
- QPR Institute statistics from a suicide prevention program