Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Graphonomics is the interdisciplinary field directed towards the scientific analysis of the handwriting process and the handwritten product. Researchers in computer handwriting recognition, forensic handwriting examination, kinesiology, psychology, computer science, artificial intelligence, and neuroscience cooperate in order to achieve a better understanding of the human skill of handwriting. The science of graphonomics should not be confused with the practice of graphology.
Topics in graphonomics include:
- Handwriting regeneration - the simulated production of a given recording of handwriting movement. This is realized not using recorded kinematic or kinetic signals but by an abstracted model of human movement control.
- Handwriting generation - the process of producing handwriting (e.g. pen tip) movements. This usually implies the use of a computer simulation model which can generate handwriting movement and/or shape, producing newly generated text in a manner similar to the handwriting of an individual person.
- Fluency - Measures of the fluency of handwriting include the integral of the absolute of the acceleration signal , or alternatively the absolute of the integral of the jerk time function.
- International Graphonomics Society
- Terminology in graphonomics
- Writing systems
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|