Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Mike Abrams (born July 16, 1953) is an American psychologist and co-author with Albert Ellis of several works on Rational Emotive and Cognitive Behavior Therapy. He was instrumental in the formalization of Ellis' model of personality while coauthoring Ellis's only college textbook. Abrams research with Ellis into Rational Emotive and Cognitive Behavior Therapies (CBT) led him to propose that all successful psychotherapies were actually performing CBT - irrespective of their stated theoretical orientation . After Ellis' death Abrams continued Ellis' work on Sexuality taking an evolutionary perspective to love and intimacy .
Prior to his work with Ellis, Abrams worked with people suffering from life threatening illnesses and was the first non-gay psychologist to volunteer to counsel people with AIDS at the Gay Men's Health Crisis in New York Abrams currently practices in New Jersey and New York Cityand is an Adjunct Associate Professor MA program in psychology at New York University teaching Modern Psychological Treatments and The Psychology of Sexuality, he is a contributor to About.com  and on the editorial board of Counseling and Psychotherapy Transcripts
He is married to textbook coauthor and long-term collaborator Lidia Abrams
His published works include:
- The Art and Science of Rational Eating, Albert Ellis, Mike Abrams and Lidia Abrams; Barricade Books, 1992. ISBN 0-942637-60-7
- How to Cope with a Fatal Illness, Albert Ellis and Mike Abrams; Barricade Books, 1994. ISBN 1-56980-005-7
- Theories of Personality: A Critical Perspective, Albert Ellis, Mike Abrams and Lidia Abrams; Sage Press, 2008.
- ↑ Abrams, M. & Abrams- Dengelegi. (1997). The paradox of cognitive-behavioral and psychodynamic therapy. The Journal of Rational-Emotive and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, 15, 133-156.
- ↑ Abrams, M. (2012). Helping couples deal with intimacy and sexuality.In Vernon A. (Ed.) Cognitive and Rational-Emotive Behavior Therapy with couples. New York: Springer </li>
- ↑ Ellis, E. & Abrams, M. (1994). How to cope with a fatal illness. Fort Lee, NJ: Barricade Press </li>
- ↑ Abrams, M. Psychology for New Jersey Retrieved from http://www.psychology.ws </li>
- ↑ http://psych.nyu.edu/faculty/ </li>
- ↑ http://www.psych.nyu.edu/courses/maspring13.html </li>
- ↑ http://video.about.com/depression/Symptoms-of-Depression-in-Children.htm </li>
- ↑ http://asp6new.alexanderstreet.com/psyc/psyc.help.aspx?dorpID=1000121799 </li></ol>