Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Dr. Apter is founder and director of Apter International, which is a worldwide management consultancy company.
He has a doctorate from Bristol University (U.K.). While working for his doctorate he spent a year at Princeton and a year at King’s College London, as well as a term at Oxford.
He taught at the University of Wales, Cardiff for twenty years. He has been a visiting professor at Purdue, Northwestern, Chicago and Yale, and has held visiting positions in Canada, Spain, Norway, Belgium and France.
Main areas of interestEdit
Editorial board/consulting editorEdit
- Apter, M.J. (1982) The experience of motivation: The theory of psychological reversals.London and New York: Academic Press.
- Apter, M.J. (Ed.) (2001) Motivational Styles in Everyday Life: A Guide to Reversal Theory. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.ISBN: 1-55798-739-4
- Apter, M.J. (2005) Personality Dynamics: Key Concepts in Reversal Theory. Loughborough, U.K.: Apter International Ltd.
- Apter, M.J.(2003) On a certain blindness in modern psychology. The Psychologist,16(9), 474-475.Full text
- Apter, M.J.(1997). Reversal Theory - What Is It? A theory overview. The Psychologist Vol 10, Number 5.Full text
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found