Michael Langone, Ph. D., is an American counseling psychologist who specialises in research about cultic groups and psychological manipulation. He is executive director of the International Cultic Studies Association, editor of the journal Cultic Studies Review.
Michael Langone is author and co-author of several books and has published numerous articles .
He started 1981 to work for the American Family Foundation.
In 1995 he was named visiting scholar at Boston University's Albert Danielsen Center for the Study of Religion and Psychology and did a research comparing former members of a cultic group and of two mainstream religious groups regarding psychological distress and members' perceptions of abusiveness .
In 1995 he received the Leo J. Ryan award.
- Recovery from Cults (1993), ISBN 0393701646
- Satanism and Occult Related Violence (1990) ISBN 9991810242
- Cults: What Parents Should Know : A Practical Guide to Help Parents With Children in Destructive Groups (1989) ISBN 0818405112
- Cults: Questions and answers (1988)
- Deprogramming: An analysis of parental questionnaires. 1986.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|