Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Mesomorphic is one of the three classic somatotypes or body types created by William Sheldon.Typically speaking mesomorphs are strong and have an athletic build. They can develop and build [muscle] mass without much difficulty and can usually eat without too much fear of gaining weight. Mesomorph males generally have a "V" shaped upper body and females usually have a classic hourglass shape. Some examples of athletes who have mesomorphic qualities are baseball players, soccer players, rugby players and triathlon athletes.
- About.com - Body shapes what do they mean?
- Britanica.com - Mesomorph
- Webmd.com - Morph your Body Type
- BodyBuildingPro.com - Which body type are you?
- Fitness-Web.com - Choosing the right exercise for your body type
- ChangingMinds.org - Wiliam Sheldon's body types
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|