Individual differences |
Professional items |
World psychology |
Group therapy ·
Types of problem ·
Areas of specialism ·
Therapeutic issues ·
Modes of delivery ·
Model translation project ·
Personal experiences ·
Mental health care barriers are treatment barriers experienced by people seeking mental health care.
Factors involved can include:
- Fear of treatment such as effects of drug withdrawaletc.
- Concerns around privacy. eg not wanting people to see them in withdrawal.
- Concerns over confidentiality.
- Fear of stigma
- Fear of other people in the treatment facility
- Bad previous experience of treatments and or their settings.