Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
- MC1R. Mc1r is associated with pigmentation genetics.
- MC2R. It is also known as the ACTH receptor or corticotropin receptor because it is specific for ACTH alone.
- MC4R. Defects in MC4R are a cause of autosomal dominant obesity, accounting for 6% of all cases of early-onset obesity.
- ↑ Melanocortins and the Melanocortin Receptor
- ↑ Farooqi IS, Keogh JM, Yeo GS, Lank EJ, Cheetham T, O'Rahilly S (2003). Clinical spectrum of obesity and mutations in the melanocortin 4 receptor gene. N. Engl. J. Med. 348 (12): 1085-95.
- ↑ Chai B, Pogozheva I, Lai Y, Li J, Neubig R, Mosberg H, Gantz I (2005). Receptor-antagonist interactions in the complexes of agouti and agouti-related protein with human melanocortin 1 and 4 receptors. Biochemistry 44 (9): 3418-31.
- ↑ Pogozheva I, Chai B, Lomize A, Fong T, Weinberg D, Nargund R, Mulholland M, Gantz I, Mosberg H (2005). Interactions of human melanocortin 4 receptor with nonpeptide and peptide agonists. Biochemistry 44 (34): 11329-41.
- IUPHAR GPCR Database - Melanocortin receptors
- MeSH Melanocortin+Receptors
- Calculated spatial position of melanocortin-4 receptor in the lipid bilayer, inactive state with antagonist and active state with agonist
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|