Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
- MC1R. Mc1r is associated with pigmentation genetics.
- MC2R. It is also known as the ACTH receptor or corticotropin receptor because it is specific for ACTH alone.
- MC4R. Defects in MC4R are a cause of autosomal dominant obesity, accounting for 6% of all cases of early-onset obesity.
- ↑ Melanocortins and the Melanocortin Receptor
- ↑ Farooqi IS, Keogh JM, Yeo GS, Lank EJ, Cheetham T, O'Rahilly S (2003). Clinical spectrum of obesity and mutations in the melanocortin 4 receptor gene. N. Engl. J. Med. 348 (12): 1085-95.
- ↑ Chai B, Pogozheva I, Lai Y, Li J, Neubig R, Mosberg H, Gantz I (2005). Receptor-antagonist interactions in the complexes of agouti and agouti-related protein with human melanocortin 1 and 4 receptors. Biochemistry 44 (9): 3418-31.
- ↑ Pogozheva I, Chai B, Lomize A, Fong T, Weinberg D, Nargund R, Mulholland M, Gantz I, Mosberg H (2005). Interactions of human melanocortin 4 receptor with nonpeptide and peptide agonists. Biochemistry 44 (34): 11329-41.
- IUPHAR GPCR Database - Melanocortin receptors
- MeSH Melanocortin+Receptors
- Calculated spatial position of melanocortin-4 receptor in the lipid bilayer, inactive state with antagonist and active state with agonist
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|