Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In a meeting, two or more people come together, in particular to have discussions, often in a formalized way.
Instead of coming together physically (in real life, face to face), also communication lines and equipment can be set up to have a discussion between people at different locations, e.g. a conference call or an e-meeting.
In organizations, meetings are an important vehicle for human communication. They are so common and pervasive in organizations, however, that many take them for granted and forget that, unless properly planned and executed, meetings can be a terrible waste of precious resources.
Because of their importance, a career in professional meeting planning has emerged in recent years.
Topics in meetings Edit
Types of meeting Edit
- Staff meeting -- typically a meeting between a manager and those that report to the manager (possibly indirectly).
- Team meeting -- a meeting among colleagues working on various aspects of a team project.
- Ad-hoc meeting -- a meeting called together for a special purpose
- Management meeting -- a meeting among managers
- Board meeting -- a meeting the Board of directors of an organization
- One to one meeting -- a meeting between two individuals
Meeting styles Edit
- stand-up meeting
- breakfast meeting
- off-site meeting
Seven rules for meetings Edit
Training material for how to hold an effective meeting often lists rules such as:
1. Be clear about the meeting’s objective
2. Create a solid agenda
3. Prepare in advance
4. Discussion-management process
5. Use of time
6. Plan, discuss and assign roles
7. Pre- and post-meeting communication
- Meeting system
- Organizational development
- Quaker meeting for worship
- Scientific meeting
- International Congress Calendar
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
- Professional Meeting Planners Network
- The 3M Meeting Network
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|