Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Medically related phobias are phobias people can develop towards aspects of their medical treatment and illness, and their consequences. These fears can become a barrier to treatment. There is some overlap with the category of body related phobias
This group of phobias contains:
- Algophobia - fear of pain
- Anginophobia - fear of angina, or the onset of angina
- Bacillophobia - fear of germs
- Blood-injection-injury type phobias
- Cardiophobia - fear of heart problems
- Cypridophobia - fear of STDs
- Dental phobia
- Febriphobia - fear of fever and its consequences.
- Heamophobia - fear of blood
- Hydrophobiaphobia - fear of rabies
- Nosocomephobia - fear of hospitals
- Nosophobia - fear of illness
- Parturiphobia - fear of childbirth
- Phobophobia - fear of developing a phobia
- Thanatophobia - fear of death