Medial has several meanings:
- In mathematics, a medial is a set with a binary operation satisfying certain properties, see medial.
- In anatomy, a medial is an adjective describing structures near the midline of an animal, see anatomical terms of location or Human Anatomical Terms#Anatomical directions.
- In applied mathematics and shape analysis, medial is an adjective describing a curve or surface that runs along the midline of a geometrical shape. See medial axis and medial representation.
- See medial (linguistics) for the several linguistic senses of the word.
- The glide that occurs before the main vowel of a syllable, especially in Chinese phonology (see syllable structure)
- A voiced stop consonant
- A medial clause in a clause chain
- Medial voice, medial verb: see Middle voice
- Medial demonstrative
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|