Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Brewer is well-known for her contributions to the field of social identity and has also conducted research in the areas of social cognition and intergroup relations. While she is particularly recognized for her theory of optimal distinctiveness, she has been honored by a variety of organizations for wide-ranging and diverse contributions to the field of social psychology.
(Ph.D., Northwestern University, 1968)
Main areas of interestEdit
Honors and AwardsEdit
- APA Distinguished Scientific Contribution Award
- 1995 Kurt Lewin Memorial Award
- Donald T. Campbell Award for Distinguished Research in Social Psychology
- Society of Experimental Social Psychology Distinguished Scientist Award
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences (member)
Editorial board/consulting editorEdit