Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
- Healthcare policy and suicide
- Assessment of suicide risk
- Conducting suicide risk assessments
- Suicide prevention
Key texts – BooksEdit
- Linke, S (1997) Assessing and managing suicide risk.
- CORE miniguide. Ordering details here
- Simon R I (2004) Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk.American Psychiatric Publishing. ISBN 1585621706
Additional material – BooksEdit
Key texts – PapersEdit
- Hawton K. Treatment of suicide attempters and prevention of suicide and attempted suicide. In: Gelder MG, Lopez-Ibor JJ Jr, Andreasen NC, eds. New Oxford textbook of psychiatry. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000:1050–1059.
- Brown GK, Ten Have T, Henriques GR, et al. (2005).Cognitive therapy for the prevention of suicide attempts: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA ;294:563–570.
- Tyrer P, Thompson S, Schmidt U, et al.(2003) Randomized controlled trial of brief cognitive behaviour therapy versus treatment as usual in recurrent deliberate self-harm: the POPMACT study. 2Psychol Med ;33:969–976.
- Hawton K, Townsend E, Arensman E, et al. (2003). Psychosocial and pharmacological treatments for deliberate self harm and attempted suicide. In: The Cochrane Library, Issue 2, . Oxford,
- Morgan HG, Jones EM, Owen JH.(1993) Secondary prevention of non-fatal deliberate self-harm. The green card study. Br J Psychiatry ;163:111–112.
- Montgomery SA, Montgomery DB, Jayanthi-Rani S, et al. (1979).Maintenance therapy in repeat suicidal behaviour: a placebo controlled trial. Proceedings of the 10th International Congress for Suicide Prevention and Crisis Intervention. Ottawa, Canada :227–229.
- Montgomery SA, Roy D, Montgomery DB. (1983)The prevention of recurrent suicidal acts. Br J Clin Pharmacol 15:183S–188S.
- Clarke T, Baker P, Watts CJ, et al. Self-harm in adults: a randomised controlled trial of nurse-led case management versus routine care only. J Mental Health 2002;11:167–176.
- Townsend E, Hawton K, Altman DG, et al. (2001). The efficacy of problem-solving treatments after deliberate self-harm: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials with respect to depression, hopelessness and improvement in problems. Psychol Med ;31:979–988.
- Guthrie E, Kapur N, Mackway-Jones K, et al. Randomised controlled trial of brief psychological intervention after deliberate self poisoning. BMJ 2001;323:135–138.
- Cedereke M, Monti K, Ojehagen A. (2002). Telephone contact with patients in the year after a suicide attempt: does it affect treatment attendance and outcome? A randomised controlled study. Eur Psychiatry ;17:82–91.
- Bennewith O, Stocks N, Gunnell D, et al. (2002). General practice based intervention to prevent repeat episodes of deliberate self harm and attempted suicide: cluster randomised controlled trial. BMJ ;324:1254–1257.
Additional material - PapersEdit