Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
- Healthcare policy and suicide
- Assessment of suicide risk
- Conducting suicide risk assessments
- Suicide prevention
Key texts – BooksEdit
- Linke, S (1997) Assessing and managing suicide risk.
- CORE miniguide. Ordering details here
- Simon R I (2004) Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk.American Psychiatric Publishing. ISBN 1585621706
Additional material – BooksEdit
Key texts – PapersEdit
- Hawton K. Treatment of suicide attempters and prevention of suicide and attempted suicide. In: Gelder MG, Lopez-Ibor JJ Jr, Andreasen NC, eds. New Oxford textbook of psychiatry. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000:1050–1059.
- Brown GK, Ten Have T, Henriques GR, et al. (2005).Cognitive therapy for the prevention of suicide attempts: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA ;294:563–570.
- Tyrer P, Thompson S, Schmidt U, et al.(2003) Randomized controlled trial of brief cognitive behaviour therapy versus treatment as usual in recurrent deliberate self-harm: the POPMACT study. 2Psychol Med ;33:969–976.
- Hawton K, Townsend E, Arensman E, et al. (2003). Psychosocial and pharmacological treatments for deliberate self harm and attempted suicide. In: The Cochrane Library, Issue 2, . Oxford,
- Morgan HG, Jones EM, Owen JH.(1993) Secondary prevention of non-fatal deliberate self-harm. The green card study. Br J Psychiatry ;163:111–112.
- Montgomery SA, Montgomery DB, Jayanthi-Rani S, et al. (1979).Maintenance therapy in repeat suicidal behaviour: a placebo controlled trial. Proceedings of the 10th International Congress for Suicide Prevention and Crisis Intervention. Ottawa, Canada :227–229.
- Montgomery SA, Roy D, Montgomery DB. (1983)The prevention of recurrent suicidal acts. Br J Clin Pharmacol 15:183S–188S.
- Clarke T, Baker P, Watts CJ, et al. Self-harm in adults: a randomised controlled trial of nurse-led case management versus routine care only. J Mental Health 2002;11:167–176.
- Townsend E, Hawton K, Altman DG, et al. (2001). The efficacy of problem-solving treatments after deliberate self-harm: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials with respect to depression, hopelessness and improvement in problems. Psychol Med ;31:979–988.
- Guthrie E, Kapur N, Mackway-Jones K, et al. Randomised controlled trial of brief psychological intervention after deliberate self poisoning. BMJ 2001;323:135–138.
- Cedereke M, Monti K, Ojehagen A. (2002). Telephone contact with patients in the year after a suicide attempt: does it affect treatment attendance and outcome? A randomised controlled study. Eur Psychiatry ;17:82–91.
- Bennewith O, Stocks N, Gunnell D, et al. (2002). General practice based intervention to prevent repeat episodes of deliberate self harm and attempted suicide: cluster randomised controlled trial. BMJ ;324:1254–1257.
Additional material - PapersEdit