Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Professional liability are the legal liabilities one might be liable to in the course of professional practice if things do not go well. It is generally advisable to consider professional liability insurance to cover the cost of protecting these liabilites in legal processes and for paying any damages.
Liabilities may be incurred through:
- Challenges on grounds of professional competence
- Dual relationships
- Failure in duty to warn
- Failures in the application of professional ethics
- Patient abuse
- Poor performance due to health, addiction problems. See impaired professionals
- Poor risk management
- Professional client sexual relations
- Violating professional standards