Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
References & BibliographyEdit
- DeVries HM, Hamilton DW, Lovett S, Gallagher-Thompson D.(1997) Patterns of coping preferences for male and female caregivers of frail older adults. Psychol Aging. 12(2):263-7.
- Fromme EK, Drach LL, Tolle SW, Ebert P, Miller P, Perrin N, Tilden VP.(2005) Men as caregivers at the end of life.J Palliat Med.8(6):1167-75.
- Fuller-Jonap F, Haley WE. (1995) Mental and physical health of male caregivers of a spouse with Alzheimer's disease. J Aging Health. 7(1):99-118.
- Gant JR, Steffen AM, Lauderdale SA. (2007) Comparative outcomes of two distance-based interventions for male caregivers of family members with dementia. Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 22(2):120-8.
- Gregory DM, Peters N, Cameron CF. (1990) Elderly male spouses as caregivers--toward an understanding of their experience. J Gerontol Nurs. 16(3):20-4.
- Harris PB. (1993) The misunderstood caregiver? A qualitative study of the male caregiver of Alzheimer's disease victims. Gerontologist. 33(4):551-6.
- Houde SC. (2001) Men providing care to older adults in the home. J Gerontol Nurs. 27(8):13-9; quiz 54-5.
- Hubbell L, Hubbell K. (2002) The burnout risk for male caregivers in providing care to spouses afflicted with Alzheimer's disease. J Health Hum Serv Adm. 25(1):115-32
- Kaye LW, Applegate JS. (1990) Men as elder caregivers: a response to changing families. Am J Orthopsychiatry. 60(1):86-95.
- Mathew LJ, Mattocks K, Slatt LM. (1990) Exploring the roles of men. Caring for demented relatives. J Gerontol Nurs.16(10):20-5.
Sanders S. 2007. Experiences of rural male caregivers of older adults with their informal support networks. J Gerontol Soc Work. 49(4):97-115.
- Shanks-McElroy HA, Strobino J. (2001) Male caregivers of spouses with Alzheimer's disease: risk factors and health status.Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 16(3):167-75.
- Silin, J.G. (2006) My Father’s Keeper: The Story of a Gay Son and His Aging Parents. Beacon Press
- Thompson, R.L., Lewis, S.L., Murphy, M.R., Hale, J.M., Blackwell, P.H., Acton, G.J., Clough, D.H., Patrick, G.J., Bonner, P.N. (2004). Are there sex differences in emotional and biological responses in spousal caregivers of patients with Alzheimer’s disease? Biological Research for Nursing, 5(4); 319-30.