Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
References & BibliographyEdit
- DeVries HM, Hamilton DW, Lovett S, Gallagher-Thompson D.(1997) Patterns of coping preferences for male and female caregivers of frail older adults. Psychol Aging. 12(2):263-7.
- Fromme EK, Drach LL, Tolle SW, Ebert P, Miller P, Perrin N, Tilden VP.(2005) Men as caregivers at the end of life.J Palliat Med.8(6):1167-75.
- Fuller-Jonap F, Haley WE. (1995) Mental and physical health of male caregivers of a spouse with Alzheimer's disease. J Aging Health. 7(1):99-118.
- Gant JR, Steffen AM, Lauderdale SA. (2007) Comparative outcomes of two distance-based interventions for male caregivers of family members with dementia. Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 22(2):120-8.
- Gregory DM, Peters N, Cameron CF. (1990) Elderly male spouses as caregivers--toward an understanding of their experience. J Gerontol Nurs. 16(3):20-4.
- Harris PB. (1993) The misunderstood caregiver? A qualitative study of the male caregiver of Alzheimer's disease victims. Gerontologist. 33(4):551-6.
- Houde SC. (2001) Men providing care to older adults in the home. J Gerontol Nurs. 27(8):13-9; quiz 54-5.
- Hubbell L, Hubbell K. (2002) The burnout risk for male caregivers in providing care to spouses afflicted with Alzheimer's disease. J Health Hum Serv Adm. 25(1):115-32
- Kaye LW, Applegate JS. (1990) Men as elder caregivers: a response to changing families. Am J Orthopsychiatry. 60(1):86-95.
- Mathew LJ, Mattocks K, Slatt LM. (1990) Exploring the roles of men. Caring for demented relatives. J Gerontol Nurs.16(10):20-5.
Sanders S. 2007. Experiences of rural male caregivers of older adults with their informal support networks. J Gerontol Soc Work. 49(4):97-115.
- Shanks-McElroy HA, Strobino J. (2001) Male caregivers of spouses with Alzheimer's disease: risk factors and health status.Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 16(3):167-75.
- Silin, J.G. (2006) My Father’s Keeper: The Story of a Gay Son and His Aging Parents. Beacon Press
- Thompson, R.L., Lewis, S.L., Murphy, M.R., Hale, J.M., Blackwell, P.H., Acton, G.J., Clough, D.H., Patrick, G.J., Bonner, P.N. (2004). Are there sex differences in emotional and biological responses in spousal caregivers of patients with Alzheimer’s disease? Biological Research for Nursing, 5(4); 319-30.