Dr. Maggie Boden, OBE, is a prolific, combinative researcher in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Psychology, Philosophy, Cognitive and Computer Science. Currently Research Professor of Cognitive Science at the Department of Informatics at the University of Sussex, Dr. Boden was the founding-Dean of the university's School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences (COGS), precursor of the university's current Department of Informatics.
Selection of Publications
- Purposive Explanation In Psychology (Harvard University Press, 1972);
- Artificial Intelligence And Natural Man (1977/1987: 2nd edn., MIT Press);
- Piaget (Fontana Modern Masters 1979; 2nd edn. Harper Collins, 1984);
- Minds And Mechanisms (Cornell University Press, 1981);
- Computer Models Of Mind (Cambridge University Press, 1988);
- Artificial Intelligence In Psychology (MIT Press, 1989);
- The Philosophy Of Artificial Intelligence, ed. (Oxford University Press, 1989/90);
- The Creative Mind (Weidenfeld/Abacus & Basic Books, 1990; 2nd edn. Routldge, 2004);
- Dimensions Of Creativity, ed. (MIT Press, 1994);
- The Philosophy Of Artificial Life, ed. Oxford University Press, 1996).
Honors by Election
- Fellow (and former Vice-President) of the British Academy -- and Chairman of their Philosophy Section until July 2002.
- Member of the Academia Europaea.
- Fellow of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI).
- Fellow of the European Coordinating Committee for Artificial Intelligence (ECCAI).
- Life Fellow of the UK's Society for Artificial Intelligence and the Simulation of Behaviour.
- Member of Council of the Royal Institute of Philosophy.
- Former Vice-President (and Chairman of Council) of the Royal Institution of Great Britain.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|