Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
MAXQDA is a software program designed for computer-assisted qualitative data, text and multimedia analysis in academic, scientific, and business institutions. It is is the successor of winMAX, which was first made available in 1989.
Unlike most other CAQDAS, MAXQDA was not developed on the background of Grounded Theory . Instead the software is designed for both qualitative, quantitative research and mixed methods research. The emphasis on going beyond qualitative research can be observed in the extensive attributes function (called variables in the programme itself) and the ability of the programme to deal relatively quickly with larger numbers of interviews 
The basic version of MAXQDA contains the graphics tool MAXMaps as a fully-integrated component. MAXQDAplus is the extended version, which includes the add-on software MAXDictio for quantitative lexical analysis.
Features of MAXQDA 10Edit
- available in 10 languages
- Teamwork function allows one to create a detailed protocol of all operations performed by each team member
- All data is stored in one .mx4 file
- Text retrieval tool fx manager offers complex retrieval functions
- Memos can be used to document all ideas and insights that come up while working on the text and can be easily organized with the Memo System
- MAXMaps and other program functions, like the Document Portrait, the Code-Matrix-Browser, the Code-Relations-Browser, the Codeliner and the Document Comparison Chart offer a wide range of options for data visualization
- Lexical search and functions of quantitative analysis with add-on MAXDicto
- Transcription and synchronisation of text documents, audio and video files
- Internal program media player
- Import and coding of PDF and graphic files
1. Juliet Corbin and Anselm Strauss: Basics of Qualitative Research: Techniques and Procedures for Developing Grounded Theory, 3rd edition, 2008, Sage Publications, Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore
- ↑ http://www.restore.ac.uk/lboro/research/software/maxqda.php
- ↑ Ann Lewins and Christina Silver: Using Software in Qualitative Research: A Step-by-Step Guide, 2007, Sage Publications, Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore
- ↑ http://www.maxqda.com/products
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|