Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The word locus (plural loci) is Latin for "place". It can mean:
- Locus of control, in personality psychology, having an internal or external locus of control
- Locus (genetics), the position of a gene (or other significant sequence) on a chromosome
- Locus (mathematics), the set of points satisfying a particular condition, often forming a curve
- Locus (medicine), the "place" on the body where a pathogen enters
Philosophy, rhetoric, and psychologyEdit
- The method of loci is a mnemonic system based on places.
- A Locus (rhetoric) is another name for a literary or rhetorical topos, a method of constructing an argument.
- LOCUS (Level of Care Utilization System), a clinical level of care placement tool for psychiatric and addictions services, developed by the American Association of Community Psychiatrists