Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The figures from the report represent a mixture of data collected by the UNESCO Institute for Statistics, national self-reported data, and the UNDP's global projection models. Where data was unavailable older figures were used. For highly developed/high income countries where literacy statistics were not collected, a rate of 99% was assumed.
- ^ United Nations Development Program 
- ^ Tables can be found UNDP.org
- ^ Data refer to national literacy estimates from censuses or surveys conducted between 1995 and 2005, unless otherwise specified. Due to differences in methodology and timeliness of underlying data, comparisons across countries and over time should be made with caution. For more details, see Unesco.org.
- ^ For purposes of calculating the HDI, a value of 99.0% was applied.
- ^ UNICEF 2004.
- ^ UNESCO Institute for Statistics estimates based on its Global Age-specific Literacy Projections model, April 2007.
- ^ In the absence of recent data, estimates from UNESCO Institute for Statistics 2003, based on outdated census or survey information, were used and should be interpreted with caution: Bahamas 95.8, Barbados 90.7, Comoros 56.8, Djibouti 70.3, Eritrea 67.5, Fiji 94.4, Gambia 42.5, Guinea-Bissau 11.00, Guyana 99.0, Haiti 54.8, Hong Kong, China (SAR) 94.6, Hungary 99.4, Lebanon 88.3, Poland 99.8 and Uzbekistan 80.4. Note that the 1991 census in Comoros indicates a literacy rate of 91% for the three independent islands.
- ^ Data are from national sources.
- ^ Data are from the Secretariat of the Caribbean Community, based on national sources.
- ^ www.moe.gov.lk
- ^ Data refer to North Sudan only.
- ^ UNDP 2007.
- ^ Calculation made based on literacy rates of 92.7% for the West Bank and 94.3% for the Gaza Strip and relative population sizes of 62.3% in West Bank and 37.7% in Gaza Strip
- The Holy See (Vatican City) not listed
- ↑ United Nations Development Programme Report 2011.
- ↑ Census of India 2011 http://www.censusindia.gov.in/2011-prov-results/indiaatglance.html
- ↑ "Literacy Rate in Palestinian Territories - 2007 Census", Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, 2009. Retrieved on 2011-01-11.
- ↑ "The Population, Housing and Establishment Census - 2007, Press Conference on the Preliminary Findings, (Population, Buildings, Housing Units and Establishments)", Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, Ramallah, February 2008. Retrieved on 2011-01-11.
Economic classification of countries
|Lists of countries|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|