Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
This is a list of standardized tests that students may have to take for admissions to various Universities and Colleges. Tests of language proficiency are excluded here.
Only tests not included within a certain secondary schooling curriculum are listed. Thus, those tests initially focused on secondary-school-leaving, e.g., GCE A-Levels in the UK, or French Baccalaureate, are not listed here, although they function as the de facto admission tests in those countries.
United States and Canada
- SAT - formerly Scholastic Aptitude Test
- ACT - formerly American College Testing Program or American College Test
- THEA - Texas Higher Education Assessment
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- Dental Admission Test (DAT)- (United States)
- Dental Aptitude Test (DAT)- (Canada)
- Optometry Admission Test (OAT)
- Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT)
- Veterinary College Admission Test (VCAT)
- Allied Health Professions Admission Test (AHPAT)
- MOAT - for medical school
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- STAT - Special Tertiary Admissions Test, aptitude test for non-school leavers
- UMAT - Undergraduate Medical Admissions Test, required for undergraduate entry to many Australian and New Zealand undergraduate-entry medical schools
- uniTEST - provided jointly by ACER and Cambridge Assessment(UK)
- Vestibular - University entrance exams in Brazil
- National College Entrance Examination - Standard means of entry to Chinese universities
- AST - Ameson Scholastic Test, originally designed for students who come from China, and be appling to the University of Cambridge of the UK, now used by a handful of UK and Australian universities.
- ICFES exam - Test for all undergraduate students that want to apply to a university in Colombian territory.
- Common Entrance Test - Karnataka common entrance test/KCET - test for admission into medical and engineering college in karnataka.
- MH-CET - Test for Graduate and/or Post-Graduate Studies in Maharashtra (India)
- TNPCEE - Test for undergraduate Engineering admissions in Anna University (Tamilnadu, India)
- EAMCET - Test for admissions into engineering and medical schools in the state of Andhra Pradesh(INDIA)
- IIT-JEE,HSEE - Standard means of entry to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)and ITBHU.
- CEE - Standard means of entry to Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology(NSIT) and Delhi College of Engineering(DCE).
- BITSAT - Standard means of entry to BITS, Pilani
- AIEEE - Standard means of entry to the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) across India with some other colleges
- All India Pre Medical Test - Standard test for admission to 15% of Central Government quota merit seats in Government Medical Colleges in India.
- TKB - Test for undergraduate admissions in Universitas Padjadjaran, Bandung, Indonesia
- Psychometric Entrance Test (colloquially "The Psychometry") - Required for undergraduate entry to most universities in Israel
- Concoor - Standard means of entry to universities in Iran.
- HPAT - Undergraduate Medical Admissions Test, required for undergraduate entry to Irish Medical Schools
- Examination for Japanese University Admission - Required for entry by foreigners into many Japanese Universities
- NAT - Category I - National Aptitude Test, for admission in Engineering, Computer Science, Medical and Arts in most universities of Pakistan.
- Högskoleprovet - the Swedish Scholastic Aptitude Test
- College Scholastic Ability Test - Standard means of entry to South Korean universities and colleges
- ÖSS - Standard means of entry to Turkish universities.
- HAT - History Aptitude Test
- LNAT - National Admissions Test for Law
- BMAT - Biomedical Admissions Test
- UKCAT - United Kingdom Clinical Aptitude Test
- ELAT - English Literature Admissions Test
- Modern and Medieval Languages(MML) Test, provided and required by the Faculty of Modern & Medieval Languages of the University of Cambridge
- STEP - Sixth Term Examination Paper, only the subjects of Mathematics(I, II, III) are available after 2003
- Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA Cambridge)
- Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA Oxford), formerly known as the PPE(Philosophy, Politics and Economics) Admissions Test
- Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA UCL)
- uniTEST - provided jointly by Cambridge Assessment and ACER(Australia)
- GAMSAT - Graduate Australian Medical Schools Admissions Test
- Prueba de Selección Universitaria - (Chile)
- MH-CET - (Maharashtra-India)
- Common Admission Test (CAT)- (India)
- GATE,JAM and Jmet - Standard means of entry to the graduate courses at the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
- GAT-GENERAL - Graduate Aptitude Test, for admission in M.Phil and HEC Scholarship Schemes, Pakistan.
- GAT-SUBJECT - Graduate Aptitude Test, for admission in PhD programs, Pakistan.
- NAT - Category II - National Aptitude Test, for admission in Graduate / Masters programs, Pakistan.
- Education admission tests
- List of primary and secondary school tests
- List of secondary school leaving certificates
- List of language proficiency tests
- DMOZ listings of test preparation websites
- Educational Testing Service developer of many of these exams
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|