Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
University of Leipzig Psychology Department's current homepageEdit
Department contact detailsEdit
List of degrees awardedEdit
(with links to the curriculum for each)
Current notable staff and their homepagesEdit
- George Herbert Mead (one of the founders of social psychology
- Oswald Külpe (a German professor at the University of Würzburg);
- James McKeen Cattell (the first professor of psychology in the United States),
- G. Stanley Hall (the father of the child psychology movement and adolescent developmental theorist, head of Clark University),
- Charles Hubbard Judd (Director of the School of Education at the University of Chicago), Hugo Münsterberg (who contributed to the development of industrial psychology and taught at Harvard University),
- Edward Bradford Titchener (who founded the first psychology laboratory in the United States at Cornell University),
- Lightner Witmer (founder of the first psychological clinic in his country);
- Charles Spearman (Englishman who who developed the two-factor theory of intelligence and several important statistical analyses - see Factor analysis, Spearman's rank correlation coefficient);
- Constantin Rădulescu-Motru (Romanian Personalist philosopher and head of the Philosophy department at the University of Bucharest).
Notable staff in the pastEdit
History of the departmentEdit
In 1879 Wilhelm Wundt founded the worlds first laboratory dedicated exclusively to psychological research.