Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
- Animal language
References & BibliographyEdit
- Fouts, R.S. (1972) The use of guidance in reaching sign language to a chimpanzee, Journal of Comparative Physiological Psychology 80: 515-22.
- Fouts, R. S. (1973). Acquisition and testing of gestural signs in four young chimpanzees. Science, 180, 978-80.
- Gardner, B.T., & Gardner, R.A. (1975). Evidence for sentence constituents in the early utterances of child and chimpanzee. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 104, 244-267.
- Gardner R. Allen and Gardner Beatrice T. (1980) Comparative psychology and language acquisition. In Thomas A. Sebok and Jean-Umiker-Sebok (eds.): Speaking of Apes: A Critical Anthology of Two-Way Communication with Man. New York: Plenum Press, pp.287-329.
- Gardner, B.T. and Gardner, R.A. (1971) Two-way communication with an infant chimpanzee. In: A.M.Schrier and F. Stollnitz (eds) Behaviour of Nonhuman Primates, vol. 4, New York: Academic Press.
- Gardner, R.A. and Gardner, B.T. (1969) Teaching sign language to a chimpanzee, Science 165: 664-72.
- Gardner, H. (1985) Frames of Mind: the Theory of Intelligences, London: Paladin.
- Hayes, K.J. (1950) Vocalisation and speech in chimpanzees, American Psychologist 5: 275-6.
- Matter, P.R. and Hobbett, L. (1975) Individuality in the long range vocalisations of wild chimpanzees, Zeitschrift fiir Tierpsychologie 38: 97-109.
- Menzel, E.W, and Halperin, S. (1975) Purposive behaviour as a basis for objective communication
between chimpanzees, Science 189: 652-4.
- Reynolds, V. (1963) Behaviour and social organisation of forest chimpanzees, Folia Primatologica 1: 95-102.
Savage-Rumbaugh, E.S., Pate, J.L., Lawson, J., Smith, T. and Rosenbaum, S. (1983) Can a chimpanzee make a statement? Journal of Experimental Psychology: General 112: 457-92. Savage-Rumbaugh, E.S., Rumbaugh, D.M., Smith, S.T. and Lawson, J. (1980) Reference: the linguistic essential, Science 210: 922-5. Waal, F.B.M. de (1984) Sex differences in the formation of coalitions among chimpanzees, Ethology and Sociobiology 5: 239-55.