Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
John S. Duncan (born c. 1950s) is a British neurologist specialising in epilepsy. He is a consultant at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery at Queen Square, London, and is the medical director of the National Society for Epilepsy in Chalfont St Peter.
John Duncan qualified from Oxford University medical school (BM BCh 1979, MA 1980), where he also obtained his medical doctorate (DM 1988). He was elected a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London in 1994.
- 1988 Professor of neurology at the Institute of Neurology (part of University College London).
- 1988 Medical director of the National Society for Epilepsy.
- 2001 Head of the Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy at the Institute of Neurology.
- 2002 Chairman of the Diagnostic Methods Commission of the International League Against Epilepsy (and president-elect of the UK Chapter).
- 2005 Ambassador for Epilepsy (International League Against Epilepsy and International Bureau for Epilepsy).
John Duncan has published extensively on various aspects of neurology and epilepsy but particularly on the structural and functional imaging of the brain. He is a frequent speaker at international conferences, and is a member of the editorial board of several specialist journals.
He is married to Elizabeth J Duncan, who together have had two children. Alex, 20, is studying Engineering Science at Oxford University at the same college as his father (Worcester). His daughter Anna, 17, is currently studying A-levels (Biology, Chemistry, Geography and English Literature) at Dr Challoners High School in Little Chalfont.
- Scientific Advisory Committe: John Duncan Helsinki 7th European Congress on Epileptology.
- John Duncan elected as ambassador for epilepsy What's new: Recent developments at the NSE.
- The cutting edge: Life-changing surgery for epilepsy Wellcome Trust News.
- List of papers at PubMed.