He studied hypnotism thoroughly, including that employed in France at Paris and Nancy. He visited Liebeault in Nancy in 1889 and subsequently wrote an important early book on hypnosis in 1903Hypnotism: Its History, Practice, and Theory.
Bramwell himself was renowned a practitioner of hypnotherapy.
Dr. Bramwell wrote:
- Successful Treatment of Dipsomania, Insomnia, etc., and Various Diseases by Hypnotic Suggestion (1890-92)
- Hypnotic Anæsthesia (1896)
- On the Appreciation of Time by Somnambules (1896)
- Suggestion: Its Place in Medicine and Scientific Research (1897)
- Hypnotism: Its History, Practice, and Theory (1903)
- Hypnotism and Treatment by Suggestion (1910)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|