Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Jerome David Frank (May 30 1909 - March 14 2005) was an American psychiatrist. He held the post of Professor of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University Medical School. He was one of the first to recognise the importance of nonspecific factors in psychotherapy. in his book "Persuasion and Healing" published in 1961 he outlined a number of factors. In the third edition, written with his daughter Julia, he expanded on these insights further.
His personal papers are archived in the Personal Papers Collections of the Alan Mason Chesney Medical Archives, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions.
- Frank, J. D. Persuasion and Healing. Baltimore, Md.: Johns Hopkins Press, 1961.
- Frank, J. D. & Frank, J. (1991) Persuasion and Healing: A Comparative Study of Psychotherapy (3rd edn). Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Obituary: Jerome Frank, 95, Noted Psychotherapy Researcher
- Honorary Director Jerome D Frank M.D. 95 dies
- Obituary: Jerome Frank, MD
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|