Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Biological: Behavioural genetics · Evolutionary psychology · Neuroanatomy · Neurochemistry · Neuroendocrinology · Neuroscience · Psychoneuroimmunology · Physiological Psychology · Psychopharmacology (Index, Outline)
Jean-Baptiste Bouillaud (September 16, 1796 – October 29, 1881) was a French physician who was born in Bragette, now part of Garat, Charente.
He received his medical doctorate in 1823 and later was a professor at the Hôpital de la Charité in Paris. Puerto Rican independence leader, surgeon and Légion d'honneur laureate,
Bouillaud performed research of many medical diseases and conditions, including cancer, cholera, heart disease and encephalitis, to name a few. He is remembered for providing a correlation between rheumatism and heart disease.
In 1825 Bouillaud published Traité clinique et physiologique de l'encéphalite, ou inflammation du cerveau in which he includes one of the earliest studies on localization of brain functions. He maintained that loss of articulate speech was associated with lesions of the anterior lobe.
- Encyclopædia Britannica Online
- Jean-Baptiste Bouillaud 1796-1881 Médecin français (translated biography)
- Kaiser, H, Keitel W (February 2007). [Jean-Baptiste Bouillaud (1796-1881) -- rheumatologist, cardiologist and more]. Zeitschrift für Rheumatologie 66 (1): 65–8, 70–1.
- Silverman, B D (October 1996). Jean Baptiste Bouillaud. Clinical Cardiology 19 (10): 836–7.
- da Cunha, G P (July 1990). [The work of Bouillaud--an essential contribution to the knowledge of rheumatic diseases]. Arq. Bras. Cardiol. 55 (1): 35–41.
- (1982). [Jean-Baptiste Bouillaud (1796-1881)]. Archivos del Instituto de Cardiología de México 51 (4): 326.
- Poynter, F N (April 1968). Doctors in The Human Comedy (Guillaume Dupuytren, Jean Baptiste Bouillaud, François Joseph Victor Broussais, François Magendie). JAMA 204 (1): 7–10.
- STOOKEY, B (June 1963). Jean-Baptiste BOUILLAUD and Ernest Auburtin. Early studies on cerebral localization and the speech center. JAMA 184: 1024–9.
- STOOKEY, B (June 1963). Jean-Baptiste Bouillaud and Ernest AUBURTIN. Early studies on cerebral localization and the speech center. JAMA 184: 1024–9.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|