Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Irenäus Eibl-Eibesfeld (born June 15, 1928 in Vienna, Austria) is an ethologist. 1945-1949 he studied Zoology at the University of Vienna. From 1946 to 1948 he was research associate at the Biological Station Wilhelminenberg near Vienna and became research associate of the Institute for Comparative Behavior Studies in Altenberg near Vienna with Konrad Lorenz in 1949. 1951 to 1969 he worked at the Max Planck Institute for Behavioral Physiology (first in Westphalia, from 1957 at Seewiesen, Bavaria). 1970 he became Professor for Zoology at the University of Munich. Since 1975 he is the head of the Max Planck Institute for Behavioral Physiology, Department of Human Ethology in Andechs, Germany. He was the co-founder and first president of the International Society for Human Ethology. Since 1992 he is Honorary Director of the Ludwig-Boltzmann-Institute for Urban Ethology in Vienna.
In the first twenty years of his work as an animal ethologist he investigated experimentally and descriptively the development of behavior of mammals and compared the behavior of communication of vertebrates.
Since 1950 he is married to Eleonore Eibl-Eibesfeldt and has two children, Bernolf and Roswitha.
- Eibl-Eiblesfeldt, I. (1961) Galapagos, New York: Doubleday.
- Eibl-Eiblesfeldt, I. (1970) Ethology: the Biology of Behaviour, New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston.
- Eibl-Eiblesfeldt, I. ()Love and Hate: The Natural History of Behavior Patterns
- Eibl-Eiblesfeldt, I. (1972) Similarities and differences between cultures in expressive movements. In: R.A. Hinde (ed.) Nonverbal Communication, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Eibl-Eiblesfeldt, I. (1963) Angeborenes and Erwobenes no Verhalten einiger Sauger, Zeitschrift fur Tierpsychologie 20: 705-54.
- Eibl-Eibesfeldt's homepage
- International Society for Human Ethology
- Homepage of lecture for Human Ethology at the University Innsbruck several PDF-documents in English
- de:Irenäus Eibl-Eibesfeldt
- it:Irenäus Eibl-Eibesfeldt