Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
The International Graphonomics Society (IGS) was created at the 1985 international conference with the main purpose being to coordinate and assist in the growth and development of the field of graphonomics in all its forms. This has been done through conferences, workshops and publication of proceedings from those events.
History and conferencesEdit
The second conference was held in July 1985 in Hong Kong and, at that meeting, a decision was taken to form the International Graphonomics Society. The IGS became a legal non-profit organization under Netherlands law on January 30, 1987.
Subsequently, an international conference, symposium and/or workshop has been held every two years. Past events have been held in various locations with most events having a specific theme, as follows:
- Nijmegen, The Netherlands (1982), Motor Aspects of Handwriting
- Hong Kong (1985), Graphonomics
- Montreal, QC, Canada (1987), Third International Symposium on Handwriting and Computer Applications
- Trondheim, Norway (1989), Fourth IGS Conference. The Development of Graphic Skills (DOGS)
- Tempe, AZ, USA (1991), Fifth Handwriting Conference of the IGS. Motor Control of Handwriting
- Paris, France (1993), Sixth International Conference on Handwriting and Drawing (ICOHD93)
- London, ON, Canada (1995), Seventh Biennial Conference of the International Graphonomics Society. Basic and Applied Issues in Handwriting and Drawing Research. Note: this conference was held jointly with Annual Symposium of the Association of Forensic Document Examiners
- Genoa, Italy (1997), Eighth Biennial Conference of the International Graphonomics Society. Motor Control and Neuroscience
- Singapore, Singapore (1999), 9th Biennial Conference of the International Graphonomics Society. Written Oriental Languages
- Nijmegen, The Netherlands (2001), Tenth Biennial Conference of the International Graphonomics Society. Motor Disorders
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA (2003), 11th Conference of the International Graphonomics Society. Connecting Sciences Using Graphonomlc Research
- Salerno, Italy (2005), 12th Biennial Conference of the International Graphonomics Society. Advances in Graphonomics: Perceiving, Deciding, Acting
- Melbourne, Australia (2007), 13th Conference of the International Graphonomics Society
- Dijon, France (2009), 14th Biennial Conference of the International Graphonomics Society. Advances in Graphonomics
- Live Aqua Cancun, Mexico (2011), The 15th International Graphonomics Society Conference. Translational Graphonomics
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Graphonomics Origin. International Graphonomics Society. URL accessed on 11 January 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 IGS Past Conferences. International Graphonomics Society. URL accessed on 11 January 2011.
- ↑ Kao, H.S.R.; van Galen, G.P.; Hoosain, R., eds. (September 1986), "Preface", Graphonomics: Contemporary Research in Handwriting, Advances in Psychology, 37, Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Elsevier Science Publishers, pp. v, ISBN 0-444-70047-1, "During the [Nijmegen, 1982] Workshop week, an informal coinage of the word Graphonomics was greeted with enthusiastic reception by participants an a unifying concept to signify the multidisciplinary nature of the new science of handwriting research."
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|