Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Developmental Psychology: Cognitive development · Development of the self · Emotional development · Language development · Moral development · Perceptual development · Personality development · Psychosocial development · Social development · Developmental measures
|Embryology: Intermediate mesoderm|
|Transverse section of a chick embryo of forty-five hours’ incubation.|
* Chordamesoderm: yellow, at notochord.
* Paraxial mesoderm: red, at somite.
* Intermediate mesoderm: purple, near Wolffian duct.
* Lateral plate mesoderm: purple, including "Somatic mesoderm" and "Splanchic mesoderm".
|Gray's||subject #6 50|
|Gives rise to||Wolffian duct|
- forms of urogenital system
- series of short evaginations from each segment grows dorsally caudally
- vestiges of the future kidney, the pronephros briefly appears.
- pronephric duct arises in the intermediate mesoderm just ventral to the anterior somites
- grows caudally until it becomes the cloaca
- it is distinct from the lateral mesoderm, as it is not influenced by the secretion of BMP-4 by the ectoderm, possibly due to the lack of receptors.
This article was originally based on an entry from a public domain edition of Gray's Anatomy. As such, some of the information contained herein may be outdated. Please edit the article if this is the case, and feel free to remove this notice when it is no longer relevant.
|Mammalian development of embryo and development and fetus (some dates are approximate - see Carnegie stages) - edit|
Week 3: Hensen's node | Gastrula/Gastrulation | Trilaminar embryo Branchial arch (1st) | Branchial pouch | Meckel's cartilage | Somite/Somitomere | Germ layer (Ectoderm, Endoderm, Mesoderm, Chordamesoderm, Paraxial mesoderm, Intermediate mesoderm, Lateral plate mesoderm)
|Histogenesis and Organogenesis|
Circulatory system: Primitive atrium | Primitive ventricle | Bulbus cordis | Truncus arteriosus | Ostium primum | Foramen ovale | Ductus venosus | Ductus arteriosus | Aortic arches | Septum primum | Septum secundum | Cardinal veins
Urinary/Reproductive system: Urogenital folds | Urethral groove | Urogenital sinus | Kidney development (Pronephros | Mesonephros | Ureteric bud | Metanephric blastema) | Fetal genital development (Wolffian duct | Müllerian duct | Gubernaculum | Labioscrotal folds)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|